Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thanks For Sharing In Our Agape Feasts



Biblically, the Love Feast or Agape Feast was a noteworthy aspect of the friendship and love of the young church.  Being that the initial followers of Jesus were Jewish, eating together was thought of as a highly intimate and very important part of friendship and eating together was probably a tangible demonstration of their compliance to the Lord's decree to love one another, ¨A new commandment I give unto you, That you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another,¨ John 13:34.  This special meal served as a useful example of the koinonia or communion that characterized the church´s early years.  The New Testament speaks about the Agape Feast (agapai in Greek) in Jude 1:12.  In the book of Acts 2:46, it mentions that the early Christians ate their food, “with gladness and singleness of heart.”  All of this and other texts like, 1 Corintians 10:6, indicates that this practice was widespread and common among the earliest believers.

I know that Christians like to go out and eat after services.  It used to be part of my weekly activities when I lived in the United States.  And, living in Mexico I´ve found that Mexican Christians are just like American Christians, we all like to eat after services.  I would love to do this after every service where I teach, sing and share the Good News, but I can´t do that.  Because it´s way to costly and very difficult to do that on a regular basis.  But, with your help, we can do it more often.

Here in this photo is a real bounty of rich, delicious and yummy blessings.  These goodies just came to the base through some very special and caring friends.  And, I thank them for thinking of us down here.  Rest assured, these boxes will be turned into Christian fellowship and warm friendship.

Thank You and God Bless You for taking part in our Agape Feast here at Rancho Santa Fe Mexico Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment