Sunday, February 21, 2010

Presumptuous, Willful, Deliberate Sin


"The greatest of these is love,' 1 Corinthians 13:13. Well, that's true, but where is love, when you really need it? I am so often amazed at the lack of love found in the church of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. There always seems to be more than enough of criticism, judgement, lies and rumors in the church. Over the years, I have had to deal with a lot of that myself. Your worst enemies, often times, seem to be your brothers and sisters who proclaim to be followers of God.

Presumptuous, Willful, Deliberate Sin, should not be part of our Christian character. In fact, they are traits found in satan's personality. he is the father of lies, "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. he was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own; for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not," John 8:44-45.

satan may use the truth, but only to eventually propagate a lie. It is always a subterfuge for promoting his deceptions.

Let's look at Presumptuous, Willful, and Deliberate Sin:

Psalm 19:13 (KJV) David wrote these words, and they should be part of our prayer vocabulary, every day, "Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

Psalm 19:13 (NIV) "Keep your servant also from willful sins; may
they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great
transgression."

Psalm 19:13 (NAB) "But from willful sins keep your servant; let
them never control me. Then shall I be blameless, innocent of grave
sin."

Psalm 19:13 (NJB) "And from pride preserve your servant, never let
it be my master. So shall I be above reproach, free from grave
sin."

Psalm 19:13 (NLT) "Keep me from deliberate sins! Don't let them
control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin."

Psa 19:13 (CWR) "Keep me from being stubborn and from willfully
sinning against You. Only You can free me from the controlling power of sin and help me live an innocent life."

These are the sins committed when we know that what we are doing
is wrong. "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law," Romans 13:10.

Matthew 7:12 "In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 22:39 "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John 13:34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Romans 13:8 "Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Galatians 5:14 "For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James 2:8 "If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF," you are doing well."

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another," John 13:35.

I think that all-too-often, the world gets confused by the church and the lack of love found amongst those that call themselves follows of God's Word. We teach that we must believe the words spoken by God, shared by Jesus and written down in the Bible, and then we don't: BIG TIME!

Love is the answer. We must love God and love others as we love ourselves. So, let's get out there and do it. Let's do it for Him and for our own testimony. We must be true to His Spirit. We must proclaim through our words and actions that love is the standard that sets us apart from the world of fake, false and failing religious people. Without love, we are nothing...1 Corinthians 13:1-3.

By-the-way: The group shown in the above photo, Team: Casa De Dios, is a loving, caring and extremely Christian group. Therefore, they are an example of Christian Love, not deliberate sin, rumors or liars. They are great people!

No comments:

Post a Comment