Thursday, September 20, 2012

Looking For Hidden Areas To Share The Good News

Even though I go to a lot of different places and see a large variety of distinctive peoples and share the Gospel under some very tough circumstances, I am limited as to what I can photograph and share with my friends in the north. As a missionary, according to the national government, I am restricted as to what I can utilize to show you what it is that I do and where it is I go and how the places are when I find them. Even though I don´t see myself as doing any heroic acts or find myself as having adventurous acts of daring-do, I get out to areas that other pastors, missionaries and Christian groups just don´t go. Nevertheless, I have to be careful about ill-use or misuse of the people I find in these hidden or forgotten areas. I can not exploit the inhabitants, neither the adults nor the children that I come across in these outlying areas. So, I try hard not to do anything that would come over as questionable or against the government´s wishes. Hebrews 13:17, ¨Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.¨
I have been asked, ´how do you find these villages, work camps or these hidden villages?´ Part of the answer is easy, I look for dirt roads that show a lot of tire tracks, that have electricity poles going down them and often I just hear from other camp workers that tell me I need to go out to here or there to speak with the persons that I´ll find working there. It seems to me that there are more areas like these than one would ever think. Luke 14:23, "And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled." Some times it takes a day or two to get from San Vicente to a camp. Other times it can all be done in a day. But, I do believe that all people should be reached and I try to make sure that I do as much as one person can. I understand that God is not willing that any should perish. 2 Peter 3:9, ¨The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.¨
I mostly travel alone and part of that reason is financial. If I take a group of national pastors or Bible students or local friends, I am the one that has to pay for the trip. So I find that it´s just cheaper for one to go than for many to go. Plus, I sleep in my truck and I don´t have room for anybody but me to sleep in the bed of my vehicle. Plus, when I am ready to go, there is only room for one. My guitar, Bibles, television and VHS/DVD player, bedroll, water and food and small gas stove pretty much leaves me little room to sleep in. Some times, when I know it´s not going to be a lengthy trip, I bring one of my dogs along. I enjoy sharing the Gospel and am willing to be spent for the furtherance of the Good News. So, I ask that people pray for my physical health. And, that I should always Spanish-language Bibles to share and Christian movies to show in the camps. Also, that I have an angel or two to follow me on my travels. Philippians 4:19, ¨But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.¨
God Bless All of You! Together, we are making a difference in the hearts, minds and souls of many people that would otherwise, not have access to the truth about God´s Love in Christ! Romans 5:5, ¨And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.¨ (On this day, the sand was so hot and intense that it melted the glue on my shoe and I actually walked the sole off of my shoe. I changed shoes and sat down on a rock and took a photo of myself while I rested and waited for the sun to go down a bit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment