Friday, May 15, 2015

Still Working On His Plan “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended (perfection, godliness or Christ-likeness): but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus,” Philippians 3:13&14. “For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you,” Romans 12:3. These are only two of the many verses that I repeat in my mind anytime I think of myself as something even slightly important or useable or needed in this world…because, I am not. Everything, anything and all that I have or can do or am able to possibly achieve, is only due to God’s great and abundant grace, mercy and undying love for sinners, such as am I. Over the last 30 years of ministry, I have eagerly focused my spiritual activities on preparing myself (and hundreds of others) for the call of God in whatever way He may choose to lead me or use me. During this period of time I have had the blessing of being involved with many godly pastors; hundreds of growing and going missionaries and a multitude of visiting groups all working to help this mission to teach God’s Word. I have been blest, privileged and honored to lead this ministry, which, as anyone can see, is so much bigger than just this one man.
This is a ministry that runs on faith, hope and prayer. And, it has progressed, expanded and matured in to a ministry focused on spiritual advance, discipleship, leadership, revival, prayer, and biblical literacy. There is no mega-strategy that we are working from, except this: Matthew 28:19, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” The main area of emphasis is in getting people to accept Jesus, to walk with the Lord and to live out their lives in sincere service the Risen Savior. Acts 4:12, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." John 3:36, “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.” 1 John 5:11&12, “And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.” Thank You All for joining me on this fantastic journey in to the Lord’s Harvest. There is no other thing I would like to be doing. This is just great. Sure, it’s not always high-hilarity and pure fun but even at that, it’s a great thing to be involved in.
Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 5:8, “But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Proverbs 11:30, “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and whoever captures souls is wise.” God Bless You for being wise!

No comments:

Post a Comment